Thursday, April 30, 2009

God's Presence


Thursday, 30th April 2009

Scripture
1Chr. 13:3 (NLT) It is time to bring back the Ark of our God, for we neglected it during the reign of Saul.”
1Chr. 13:14 (NLT) The Ark of God remained there with the family of Obed-edom for three months, and the LORD blessed him and his entire household.

Observation
David understand the importance of having the presence of God in his life, in his home and in his nations. As a king, leaders of leaders he realizes that his wisdom is limited; to be able to see his nation advance he can’t just depend on his leadership and his leaders; He knows that if God is with Him and Israel, everything will be alright. wasn’t it God who put him in charge in the first place
Whereever God present, his blessings follow, his favor follows, just like the family of Obed edom who happened to welcome the ark of God, him and his household were blessed.
I still amazed reading the verses that says “so David inquired God (1 Chro 14:10)”... “(1 Chro 14: 14) so David inquired of God again, and God answered Him.”
David consulted God for everything! this is DAVID... that means that also the same thing I need to do. Having His Presence in my live, and ask him what to do, because he knows best.
I like the song in Robin’s wedding “ I need to be next to you.” Yes God, I need to be next to you... because it will be a lie if I can live without you.

Application
Having God’s presence in my life is simply acknowledging the fact that Immanuel God is with me. And not only that, I need to make his statutes and his ways and hold on to it. just like what God said to David in psalm 132 (today’s reading as well) if your sons keep my covenant and the statutes I teach them then their sons will sit on your throne for ever and ever”
I love your words oh God...

Prayer
Help me God not to rely on my on understanding, my own wisdom. Your thoughts and your ways are so high, I can’t conprehend them. I need your wisdom. and more than anything. I NEED YOU in my life. Thank you for living inside me Holy SPirit! I don’t want to ignore you. Just like david, the first thing he did as a king, he bring back the ark of God. I need your presence, You are my everything.

No comments: