Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick To Repent

Scripture
"Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles had been performed, because they did not repent." Matt 11:20

Observation
This verse really intrigue me when i read it. People in those city whom Jesus denounced, saw with their own eyes all the miracles and wonders Jesus had performed. But still, they did not repent; they still went with their own ways. But when I reflect upon this verse, i realize how easy it is to experiencing God's goodness daily in our lives, but still do not acknowledge His presence in our lives. He has done so many good things in my live, but yet there are few things that I still hold on and hesitate to give away.

Application
I need to learn to be quick to learn, and quick to repent. Receiving the work of Christ for my salvation happens once and for all. Right on the moment i believed Christ, I immediately declared Just and Righteous. However, Repentance must happen every day, I need to quickly turn my way around, as soon as I learn that I walk on the wrong way.

Prayer

Teach me your ways oh God, so I may know your truth. Teach me an undivided heart, that i may fear your Name. Help me to recognize my transgression, and not being hard hearted, rather to quickly turn to you and running towards you. Walking on your path is the wisest thing one can do.

No comments: