Monday, April 20, 2009

Be an Encourager

This month, we are having a campaign in THEROCKS, to read our bible and start journaling. My prayer is that through this, everyone in our church will love God's word, obey what Holy spirit teaches them and experience transformation in their lives.
This year is the year of "hunger and thirst after God". I don't know other ways for people to love God more, than to start loving His words and walk in the guidance of Holy Spirit.

Here's my SOAP of the day

Scripture

"Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God." 1 Sam 23:16

Observation:
David was on the run and hid in the wilderness, and it was written "Saul hunted him day after day, but God didn;t et him to be found" (v14). God protects David, as david wrote in his psalm that God protects those who honor Him. However, in the midst of His anxiety, fear and hopelessness, he found an encourager. Jonathan came and encouraged him. An encouragement is receiving a delicious Hokkien Fried Rice in the midst of Hunger. God always know how to encourage us. I want to be used by God to bring encouragement to those who needs it.

Application
I want to make "encouragement" to be my habit. I'll never know when they need an encouragement words, which is capable to lift up their faith. Whenever I meet with people, i need to encourage them. Send SMS that builds the faith of people of God.

Prayer

Father, help me to be sensitive to people's needs, fear, and anxiety. Help me to always be positive and overflow with your wisdom and strength. So I can encourage people and remind them that they are loved, and protected.

No comments: