Wednesday, April 29, 2009

God Was With David

Leadership quote of the day:
"Envision your desired outcomes before you act" - Stephen Covey

Scripture
2 Samuel 5: 10 And he became more and more powerful, because the LORD God Almighty was with him.

Observation
Reading from the previous chapters, it is obvious that David’s only hope for victory was GOD. he said “As surely as the Lord lives, who has delivered me out of all trouble”. Even though many people who were loyal to him tried their best to bring victories for him, they killed saul’s son thinking that David could become king over Israel ASAP; David was so disappointed towards those men who killed Ish Bosheth. This prove that David was a man of integrity, who doesn’t want to take shortcut to arrive to his success. He relies on God’s hands and God’s timing. And when God gave him the victory/success in His timing, GOD rewards David with more and more, and He was WITH HIM

Application
The most important thing in life is to have THE LORD OF HOSTS with me. Like David, I need to be a man of integrity, not taking decision based on what I think is good for the time being, continually inquiring God for wisdom and guidance to do His will, according to His Timing.

Prayer
I need you in my life oh God. that’s all I need. What does success means if you’re not with me. Help me to know your ways. AMEN

No comments: