Friday, May 01, 2009

Power of Agreement



Scripture
Matt. 18:19    “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”

Observation
When I read this verse the word marriage pops up into my head. Maybe because that’s the next stage where I will enter. this verse is so powerful, it’s so important for husband and wife to come to agreement in whatever decisions, about every request to God, agree both in mind and in prayer; wow the consequence will be POWERFUL, God is pleased with our agreement, when we come to him in His name... It will be done for us.

Application
I realize more and more the importance of having prayer time together with Citra, walking with God not only as an individual, but as a couple, also as a family. Just like joshua says, as for me in my house we will serve the Lord. I want to start my family right. Verbal communication is essential in marriage (thx ps Wayne and Mel for stating that again and again in “before I say I do” class), because God blesses PRAYER in AGREEMENT.

Prayer
Help me and my wife (to be) to understand and being reminded again and again the importance of agreement; both in communication between two of us, and communication with you. I thank you Lord, that whenever we come together in your name, YOU ARE WITH US, just like you were with David. You’re so COOL, God..

No comments: