Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eternal Life


This week has been an unique week for me. For 4 days (8 hours each day) from Monday o thursday, I joined a training course from evangelism Explotion. This course was made for all the indonesian pastors in Sydney, more than 30 pastors commited to this training. This training is all about how to be effective in sharing the good news. I was the youngest in that class, but I really enjoyed the whole experience.
For me personally, this course reminds me once again and makes me amazed by the love of God to us, His creation. God's desire is to give us eternal life, and the only one that hinders us to receive God's gift of eternal life is our sin. However, Our God is a good God and also JUST. He loves us and doesn't want to punish us because of our sins, however as a JUST God, he can not let all sinners to go unpunished. That's why he solve this dillema, by become human just like us (Jesus), sacrifice himself for the punishment of our sins. Jesus suffered on the cross, and just before he died he said " it is finished". That means all the work of atonement of our sins has been completed. He died, and rose again, and ascend to heaven. He offers us the gift of eternal life, and the only way we can receive that gift, is through faith.
This is such a good news for the world. That we receive eternal life not through good works, charities, all what ever good deeds that we do, but only by grace.
Thank you Lord, for loving us!


I AM A FRIEND OF GOD
(Israel Houghton & Michael Gungor)

Who am I that You are mindful of me
That you hear me when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me?
I'ts AMAZING!!

I am a friend of God
I am A friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend.

God almighty, Lord of glory
He has called me "FRIEND"

No comments: