Wednesday, September 05, 2007

no More Lies

I personally think that for so many times, we are more comfortable in being deceitful to ourselves rather than being bluntly honest to ourselves and especially God. I'm also guilty of that in some areas of my life. however, deep down in my heart i realize that the reason that i have about what i did or a decision that I made, wasn't really the real reason. Andy Stanley said that Until we stop lying to ourselves, we don't really know the position where we are. And If we don't know where we are, it's hard for us to get to where God wants us to be. Whether that's in the area of our career, calling, destiny, future spouse or even money. I need to learn to always ask myself everytime i decide to do something, "what is the real reason behind this?"; Do I really want to do this, considering my future, dreams and relationship with God?"

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

No comments: